The last few times I have tried to update my blog is hasn't worked. Sorry for the delay. The Sanfords are having a wonderful holiday season so far. We got all of our Christmas shopping done before Thanksgiving and I am sold! Never again will I put off shopping until the short amount of time between Thanksgiving and Christmas. It makes the time go by too quickly. Seriously, this has been the most fun and relaxing holiday season we've had in a while. We've watched a ton of Christmas movies, spent a lot of time with friends and family, decorated the house (I even got Cory up on the roof to put Christmas lights up...1st time ever!) and sent out a Christmas card (also a first). We're loving it. Phoenix is doing great, of course. He sits up by himself, and rolls over both ways (but only if he has a reason to, and he usually doesn't). He also is getting his first tooth! It just poked through his gums a couple of days ago. He's been a lot more fussy than usual, but luckily he's still pretty good. He eats some solid food now. The two pictures below are rice cereal and yams at Thanksgiving. He also ate some avocado yesterday. I don't think he liked it, but we'll keep trying.


Speaking of Thanksgiving, we went to Weiser for the holiday and had a great time. Cory, my dad, my brother Q, and I had some good games of Risk. I love Risk (mainly because I win more than I loose. I'm a bad looser when it comes to games. Just ask Cory. He won't play scrabble with me anymore because I get too mad). We didn't do much after thanksgiving shopping, but we did hit the local Bi-Mart. Fun times! Also, my mom and sister and I went to Jo-Ann's. If you've never been to Jo-Ann's the day after Thanksgiving, don't! It's CRAZY, but they do have some great deals! As soon as you get there, you get a number (restaurant style) in order to get your fabric cut. Then you do your shopping while you're waiting for your number to be called. We got number 89. By the thime we were done shopping and ready for the cutting table, they were only on number 64. It was insane, but fun.

We took family pictures this year. It was freezing! Of course the ones that turned out well are the ones with the houses in the background. We had some really cute ones in front of some evergreen trees, but there were these annoying boys in the park making noises and trying to get Phoenix's attention so he's looking to the side in all of them. Grrr. Also, a couple of weeks after family pictures, I chopped my hair off. It's pretty short. The longest layer is about at my chin and the shortest is like 4 inches long! I still can't decide what I think about it.
A quick side note. I picked Cory up from work yesterday and as we were leaving the Courthouse, we saw some EMT's wheeling a dead body out of the apartment building across the street! It was kind of creepy!
No comments:
Post a Comment