Monday, November 17, 2008

PS

If you're wondering why Phoenix's diaper is so big in the last picture, it's because we use cloth diapers. I love them! They're really not as gross or as much of a pain as you probably think they are. He very rarely gets diaper rash, he doesn't leak out of these any more than he did with paper diapers (I used them for about the first month until he grew into these ones), they're way less expensive in the long run, better for the environment, and kids who wear cloth usually potty train earlier!! I use Kushie's all-in-ones so it's just like putting on a normal diaper. There's no folding or pinning or using a separate diaper cover. When they're dirty I put them in a plastic garbage can with a lid until I wash them (usually every other or every 2 days). When we're out and about I have a waterproof bag with a zipper that I put his diapers in until we get home. When he starts eating solid food and has real poo, I'll have to put it in the toilet before putting the diapers in the pail, but it's not a big deal. The kids that I used to nanny used these diapers, which is how I found out about them. I posted some pics of the inside, back, and front.



Also, a little story about church on Sunday. We had our primary program. We have 260 kids in primary and they took up about 1/2 the chapel so most of the ward (including myself) had to sit on folding chairs in the gym. Cory had to sit up with his class, so it was just Phoenix and I in the back. He started getting really fussy during the sacrament so as soon as I got the water, I got up to take him out. As I was stepping over his carseat, one of my shoes fell off. I tried to reach back with my foot and put it back on, but it fell upside down. So I kicked off my other shoe and walked over to the door in just my nylons. I was holding Phoenix and his blanket and his pacifier and trying to push the door open, but it was really heavy so my feet just kept sliding on the floor. I finally got the door open and took him out into the foyer where he pretty much cried through all of sacrament. It was a little embarassing. He eventually started falling asleep about 10 minutes before our sacrament meeting was over, but the other ward was about the get out and I knew it would get really noisy, so I took him back in hoping he would sleep but as soon as I sat down the kids in front of me slammed a toy car on the metal seat and woke him up. Luckily he didn't fuss too much after that, but it really made me appreciate having Cory there to help out!!

1 comment:

Zach said...

Taryn your christmas cards are so cute!!! Ya'll look hot as ever!! Talk soon- and hapy holidays!!!

Nicole