Time for an update! A few weekends ago our friends, Josh and Renae, came and stayed with us over the weekend. It was so great to see them. They recently moved back to Rigby (or Ririe, I forget which) from Tucson, AZ. We're excited to have them back! Friday morning the guys went golfing and Renae and I went shopping and almost got beat up! When I was trying to get over a couple of lanes to turn into a shopping center, I accidentally cut a guy off. As soon as I did I waved and kind of shrugged my shoulders to say "sorry" but he laid on his horn for about 10 seconds and followed us into the parking lot. As soon as we got into a parking row, he sped around in front of me and stopped his car sideways so that I couldn't go forward and started getting out of his car! I pulled through a couple of empty parking spots into the next row and he followed me honking and yelling and flipping me off and this went on for like a minute. I was just driving up and down the rows of this parking lot with this crazy guy following me. Renae called 911 and as soon as she got on the phone he sped off. It was so scary. Seriously, though, two girls and a baby? What was he going to do?
The rest of the weekend was fun, but our camera was MIA so we don't have any pictures. We went frolfing, and went to a Boise Burn arena football game, and hung out with friends all weekend. When we were frolfing we had Phoenix in the stroller, but he wanted to get out after a little while so I borrowed my friend's "Sleepy Wrap" to carry Phoenix in and it was awesome! He loved it. He was in it for probably 1 1/2 hours and never got fussy. When Phoenix was younger I tried a sling and a Snugli and he didn't like either, but he doesn't mind the sleepy wrap at all. I am totally getting one.
About "No 'Poo". It's a new thing I'm trying (today was the first day). It's where you don't use shampoo. I had heard about it when I was in HS and was going to do it, but never got around to it. I recently came across an article about it so I did a little research and decided to try it. You use baking soda to wash your hair and apple cider vinegar to rinse it. When I was in the shower it didn't feel like my hair was very clean, but when I got out and blow dried it, it was nice and clean. The main drawbacks that I've read from people who've tried it are the "transition period" (usually 2-3 weeks) where your head gets used to making less oil, so your hair is kind of greasy, itchy scalp, very dry hair, and the vinegar smell. After one day, my hair isn't greasy at all, my scalp doesn't itch, my hair isn't dry, and no vinegar smell! We'll see if I'm still singing this song in a couple of weeks, but so far, so good!
I'll post again soon with some cute pictures of Phoenix but I don't have time right now!
3 comments:
Taryn that is freaky! What kind of guy would follow and harrass 2 women and a baby! CREEPY!
I have been thinking of trying the no poo also but I am not sure how it will work with my curly frizzy hair... I need MOISTURE!
yes, transistion is diffucult (i obviously didn't make it). i actually did 6 weeks, but i was in humidity and probably wasn't doing it right...makes me want to try again, though! maybe at camp.
uuggg forgive me for typing difficult wrong.
Post a Comment